Did you know that Athens Ohio Roller Derby is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to giving back to our community? Our upcoming July 14 bout, “Betties & Brews: Dog Days of Summer,” will feature New Beginnings Animal Center, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting their incredible organization. So, in celebration of our lovable, furry companions, we bring you today’s installment of “The Betties & Their Beasts.” Enjoy!
- Derby Name & #: Maim Squeeze #48
- Derby Position: Blocker
- Playing Since: 2016
- Pets’ Names & #: Lodi, age 11 and Gravy, age 1 (2 of my 5!)
- Pets’ Derby Names and Numbers: Lodi against the World #696 and Gravy #1 (because he is the little king)
- Pets’ Derby Positions: All the positions for Lodi! Jammer—just ask him where the mouse is and he WILL get through! Blocker for when food/treats/toys are involved, he’s not much on sharing. And Pivot because he is bossy and runs the show. He is a little BADASS.
Gravy would have to be the half-time entertainment because he is too ADHD to be a team player! He is quite the clown though!
- What your pets mean to you: FAMILY. I’ve always had pets in my life, all rescues, and have always had a strong urge to rescue and match make. I love and appreciate all their different personalities and consider myself fortunate to have them. I am also grateful to all my pets (past and present), for all they have taught me (compassion, patience, unconditional love, so much more) and for all the times they’ve rescued me!