Athens Ohio Roller Derby is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization committed to becoming financially sound, funding our own bout and practice space, and contributing back to the community that supports us.
- Yoga much?- Some think roller derby is about reckless violence and aggression, but in truth, this sport requires an incredible amount of strength, control, and constraint. It’s about focus, balance, and purpose, … Continue Reading Yoga much?
- Betties”kick” it up a notch!- Regular cross training keeps us in tip-top derby shape. Thanks to Athens Bando Kickboxing Club for hosting the Betties tonight and pushing our badassery up to an 11! 🥊 #hellyeahhellbetties … Continue Reading Betties”kick” it up a notch!
- Thank you, Athens Area Mediation Service!- Did you know that AORD is a non-profit organization run by our own skaters? We are a tight knit group and would do anything for our derby sisters. But with … Continue Reading Thank you, Athens Area Mediation Service!
- Betties march!- Ever true to our mission statement, the Betties braved the cold and the rain to volunteer today at the #womensmarch in Athens, OH. “AORD is committed to fostering the empowerment … Continue Reading Betties march!
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day Breakfast of Champions- Thank you to the organizers, City of Athens and the Athens Community Center for hosting the first annual National Girls & Women in Sports Day Breakfast of Champions! It was … Continue Reading National Girls and Women in Sports Day Breakfast of Champions